- January 27, 2018 - Endorsed Omar Vasquez for San Jose City Council District 7, learn more (read Omar's Candidate Questionnaire)
- January 27, 2018 - Endorsed Shay Franco-Clausen as candidate for San Jose City Council District 9, learn more (read Shay's Candidate Questionnaire)
- July 12, 2017 - Endorsed Gayle McLaughlin as candidate for California Lt. Governor (learn more)
Bills and Policies
- April 23, 2018 - Endorsed AB-3200 Public Social Services bill as proposed by our Coalition Partner, Low-Income Self-Help Center.
- April 5, 2018 - Endorsed SB-1362 Charter Schools bill as proposed by our Education Action Team.
- January 28, 2018 - Endorsed AB-1478 Charter Schools bill as proposed by our Education Action Team. (bill failed in Senate)
- December 13, 2017 - Affirmed adding the following statement to our platform issues as proposed by member, Charlotte Casey: "Promoting the values of a peace economy that embodies cooperation, compassion, sustainability and mutual respect."
- December 4, 2017 - Endorsed HR-1562, the SAFE Act (Secure America’s Future Elections) as proposed by our partner, Move to Amend.
- November 27, 2017 - Endorsed HR-3091, the Voter Roll Integrity Act, as proposed by our partner, Move to Amend
- November 8, 2017 - Endorsed SB-100 as proposed by our partner, 350 Silicon Valley
- June 14, 2017 - Endorsed AB-249, the California DISCLOSE as proposed by our partner, Move to Amend. AB-249 was signed into law on October 7th.
- June 14, 2017 - Endorsed SB-562 the Healthy California Act for a single payer guaranteed healthcare overage for all Californians, as proposed by our partner, the Santa Clara County Single Payer Health Care Coalition.
- May 17, 2017 - Endorsed The Silicon Valley Climate Action Alliance’s letter to the Bay Area Air Quality Management District in support of Rule 12-16 to define and limit refinery emmisions in the East Bay.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
* SBPA and its Coalition Partners will make endorsement decisions individually and independently, therefore SBPA Coalition Partners are not expected to endorse and support every candidate, bill, measure or action that SBPA chooses to endorse. No candidate, or ballot measure proponent can claim that any of our Coalition Partners endorses them, only that SBPA endorses.
"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."
- Malcom X