- September 16, 2020 - Endorsed Carla Hernandez for Oak Grove School District, Board of Trustees (District 4).
- September 9, 2020 - Endorsed Derek Grasty for Mount Pleasant Elementary School District, Board of Trustees.
- August 19, 2020 - Endorsed Ketzal Gomez for Santa Clara County Board of Education.
- August 19, 2020 - Endorsed Brenda Zendejas for Alum Rock Unified School District Board of Trustees.
- July 15, 2020 - Endorsed Alex Lee for California Assembly (District 25).
- January 25, 2020 - Endorsed Bernie Sanders for President.
- January 25, 2020 - Endorsed Huy Tran in San José Council District 4.
- August 21, 2019 - Endorsed Jake Tonkel in San José Council District 6.
- August 21, 2019 - Endorsed Andrew Boone in San José Council District 6.
- August 21, 2019 - Endorsed Sally Lieber in State Senate District 13.
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed Brenda Zendejas for Alum Rock Union School District
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed Derek Grasty for Eastside Union High School District
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed Brian LoBue for Oak Grove School District
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed Peter Ortiz for Santa Clara County Office of Education
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed Tara Sreekrishnan for Cupertino City Council
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed Alison Hicks for Mountain View City Council
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed Lenny Siegel for Mountain View City Council
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed John Cordes for Sunnyvale City Council, Seat 3
- September 19, 2018 - Endorsed Joshua Grossman for Sunnyvale City Council, Seat 2
- January 27, 2018 - Endorsed Omar Vasquez for San Jose City Council District 7, learn more (read Omar's Candidate Questionnaire)
- January 27, 2018 - Endorsed Shay Franco-Clausen as candidate for San Jose City Council District 9, learn more (read Shay's Candidate Questionnaire)
- July 12, 2017 - Endorsed Gayle McLaughlin as candidate for California Lt. Governor (learn more)
Our City Council Candidate Questionnaire and School Board Candidate Questionnaire helped us narrow the field of candidates to those best aligned with our values and platforms. These candidates submitted their questionnaires:
City Councils and other offices
Bills and Policies
- January 20, 2021 - Co-sponsor a Health Justice Dialogue being held by the Santa Clara County Single Payer Coalition in late February.
- January 20, 2021 - Sign onto the letter calling on Biden's nominees to provide more information about the private sector work that they carrying on for several large corporations.
- January 20, 2021 - Support AB-20, The Clean Money Act of 2021.
- January 20, 2021 - Support a set of climate resiliency bills - the California Building Decarbonization Package: SB 30, SB 31, SB 32 & SB 37.
- December 16, 2020 - Signed onto Silicon Valley De-Bug’s OpEd to the Mercury-News calling for Santa Clara County to adopt reforms rooted in mercy, rehabilitation, and restorative justice.
- December 16, 2020 - Endorse and co-sponsor the Feb. 6, 2021, car caravan for California Guaranteed Health Care for All (CalCare).
- October 21, 2020 - SBPA endorse the efforts of Protect the Results at the local action at 5pm on Nov. 4 at SJ City Hall.
- October 21, 2020 - SBPA signed the Common Cause online letters supporting redistricting reform in San Jose and Sunnyvale.
- September 16, 2020 - Supported an effort on behalf of AB 841 by the youth at SVYCA to use existing CPUC funding for public schools to upgrade energy-related infrastructure.
- August 19, 2020 - Endorsed Schools and Communities First (Prop. 15) that will increase funding for K-12 public schools, community colleges, and local governments by requiring that commercial and industrial real property be taxed based on current market value.
- August 19, 2020 - Endorsed Measure T that will ensure that the Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority can continue to protect open spaces, natural wildlife habitats, the land around creeks and streams.
- August 19, 2020 - Endorsed the California State Public Bank Act, AB 310, which paves the way for forming the California State Public Bank by using the Pooled Money Investment Account.
- July 15, 2020 - Support the #NoCopMoneyCA effort to get candidates to pledge to not accept contributions or endorsements from police or correctional officer unions or associations and instead prioritize the protection of Black lives and our communities over police repression and the incarceration industry.
- July 15, 2020 - Endorsed HJR 48, a call for a Constitutional Amendment that says money is not speech, corporations do not have Constitutional rights, and both can be regulated again..
- July 15, 2020 - Support Silicon Valley DeBug's Defund the Police Campaign that provides details about defunding the police and allocating the resources instead to community services.
- June 17, 2020 - Support reinstating Affirmative Action in California by endorsing ACA 5 pending in the State legislature.
- June 17, 2020 - Supported the efforts of California Common Cause in creating independent citizens commissions to redraw district lines, instead of leaving this power to electorally self-interested incumbents. .
- May 20, 2020 - Join Healthy California Now a letter endorsing the Health Care Emergency Guarantee Act.
- May 20, 2020 - Authorize a letter of opposition to Regional Medical Center’s plans to shut down its maternity and newborn units.
- April 15, 2020 - Join Bay Area for Clean Environment in urging the County Board of Supervisors to (1) Transition Away from Burning of Coal and Petroleum-coke in Santa Clara County, and (2) Deny the 2019 Permanente Quarry Amended Reclamation Plan.
- Feb. 15, 2020 - Endorse San Jose Measure E, a transfer tax on luxury homes and commercial properties valued over $2 million.
- August 21, 2019 - Support the Cupertino Youth Climate Action Team's petition to the Mayor of Cupertino to create initiatives to limit plastic, carbon, and waste throughout the city.
- August 21, 2019 - Support the ACLU Northern California's position on the use of Facial Recognition Software in Santa Clara County.
- August 21, 2019 - Endorse all the legislative bills that CPA has endorsed thus far.
- August 21, 2019 - Support South Bay Indigenous Solidarity (formerly Friends of Juristac) and the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band in opposing the proposed rock quarry at Sargent Ranch on the Amah Mutsun sacred territory traditionally known as Juristac.
- August 21, 2019 - Co-sponsor the Human Agenda’s Break The Mold Conference on October 5, 2019.
- August 21, 2019 - Support the Last Chance Alliance by signing onto their letter to Gavin Newsom to (1) halt the development of all new dirty fuel infrastructure in California, and (2) create a plan to phase-out all fossil fuels as quickly as possible and provide support and opportunities for those who will be impacted by this transition.
- June 19, 2019 - co-sponsor Silicon Valley Youth Climate Summit at De Anza College on Saturday, July 13, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- April 17, 2019 - AB 1505: LOCAL CONTROL OVER CHARTERS by Assemblymember Patrick O’Donnell would give control back to local elected school boards to decide whether a charter school is the right fit for their communities, instead of unelected officials who are geographically far away.
- April 17, 2019 - AB 1506: CAP ON CHARTER GROWTH by Assemblymember Kevin McCarty would establish a cap on the growth of charter schools, limiting the destabilizing impact of the unchecked charter expansion pushed by privatizers and the corporate charter lobby.
- April 17, 2019 - AB 1507: CHARTERS MUST OPERATE LOCALLY by Assemblymember Christy Smith would close a loophole in current law that allows a charter school to operate outside of its authorizing district.
- April 17, 2019 - AB 1508: FISCAL IMPACT ON LOCAL DISTRICTS by Assemblymember Rob Bonta would allow local school boards to consider facilities, fiscal, and academic impacts on the district when considering new charter school petitions.
- April 17, 2019 - SB 756 Charter Moratorium Bill would express the intent of the Legislature to enact legislation containing specific policies relating to charter schools on or before January 1, 2020.
- March 20, 2019 - Support a City of San Jose proposal to 1) explore feasibility of a Public Bank, 2) support AB 857, and 3) adopt a resolution urging California State legislators to enable local agencies to create public banks.
- February 20, 2019 - Co-sponsor March 16-18 March for Fossil Fuel Freedom and host one of the Stagecoach stops (Milbrae).
- January 16, 2019 - Co-sponsor the Committee for Green Foothills Jan. 22nd "Rally for Coyote Valley" at San Jose City Hall.
- January 16, 2019 - Support the Medicare-for-All Barnstorm event on Saturday, Feb. 9, sponsored by Santa Clara County Single Payer Health Care Coalition.
- December 19, 2018 - Support the effort "... to create a Select Committee on a Green New Deal", as proposed by our Climate Action Team and Public Banking Action Team.
- September 17, 2018 - Oppose State Proposition 3, the $8.9B (Pay to Play) Bond for Water Projects, as proposed by our Climate Action Team.
- September 17, 2018 - Oppose State Proposition 6, Eliminate Gas Tax, as proposed by our Climate Action Team.
- September 17, 2018 - Support State Proposition 7, Eliminate Daylight Saving Time Changes, as proposed by our Climate Action Team.
- September 17, 2018 - Endorse Santa Clara County Board of Education Candidate Forum, hosted/co-sponsored by Silicon Valley Grassroots Education Movement and Californians for Justice, as proposed by our Education Action Team.
- September 17, 2018 - Endorse Los Angeles Measure B which will create a public bank, as proposed by our Public Banking Action Team.
- July 18, 2018 - Endorse Prop. 10, The Affordable Housing Act, on November ballot that overturns Costa-Hawkins (and puts people and democracy over property).
- June 23, 2018 - Endorse the 'Rise for Climate, Jobs & Justice' movement in California, as proposed by our Climate Action Team.
- June 20, 2018 - Endorsed the Assembly Constitutional Amendment (ACA 23) Legislative Transparency Act, as proposed by our Co-Coordinators.
- June 20, 2018 - Endorsed AB 931 Criminal procedure: use of force by peace officers bill, as proposed by our Co-Coordinators.
- June 20, 2018 - Endorsed SB-964 Retirement Fund: investments: climate-related financial risk bill as proposed by our Climate Action Team.
- April 23, 2018 - Endorsed AB-3200 - Public Social Services bill as proposed by our Coalition Partner, Low-Income Self-Help Center.
- April 5, 2018 - Endorsed SB-1362 Charter Schools bill as proposed by our Education Action Team.
- January 28, 2018 - Endorsed AB-1478 Charter Schools bill as proposed by our Education Action Team. (bill failed in Senate)
- December 13, 2017 - Affirmed adding the following statement to our platform issues as proposed by member, Charlotte Casey: "Promoting the values of a peace economy that embodies cooperation, compassion, sustainability and mutual respect."
- December 4, 2017 - Endorsed HR-1562, the SAFE Act (Secure America’s Future Elections) as proposed by our partner, Move to Amend.
- November 27, 2017 - Endorsed HR-3091, the Voter Roll Integrity Act, as proposed by our partner, Move to Amend
- November 8, 2017 - Endorsed SB-100 as proposed by our partner, 350 Silicon Valley
- June 14, 2017 - Endorsed AB-249, the California DISCLOSE as proposed by our partner, Move to Amend. AB-249 was signed into law on October 7th.
- June 14, 2017 - Endorsed SB-562 the Healthy California Act for a single payer guaranteed healthcare overage for all Californians, as proposed by our partner, the Santa Clara County Single Payer Health Care Coalition.
- May 17, 2017 - Endorsed The Silicon Valley Climate Action Alliance’s letter to the Bay Area Air Quality Management District in support of Rule 12-16 to define and limit refinery emissions in the East Bay.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
* SBPA and its Coalition Partners will make endorsement decisions individually and independently, therefore SBPA Coalition Partners are not expected to endorse and support every candidate, bill, measure or action that SBPA chooses to endorse. No candidate, or ballot measure proponent can claim that any of our Coalition Partners endorses them, only that SBPA endorses.
"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against." - Malcom X